Sunday 5 February 2012

...memories of the kitchen



I love Japanese food, especially what my grandmother cooked for me when I was a child. I spent a lot of time hanging around in the kitchen with my grandmother in my childhood. I relocated to Sydney about 25 years ago. My life here is simply great but I miss small things like eating a freshly cooked warm Mochi (Japanese rice cakes) with my fingers, the smell of grilled fish on the Shichirin when my grandmother was cooking in the garden, or pinching a piece of sweet potato tempura just after I came home from school. Things like these I miss the most. So I decided to write down some of the Japanese home cooking recipes I love and want to pass on to my children. They will be simple enough for my kids to understand so I think this will also be an excellent place for people who want to try Japanese home-cooking too.


2 comments:

  1. At last!! The art of japanese rice cooking described in a simple and practical fashion! Thanks, Eri. I am going to make these riceballs this weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Knightress Oxide.
    Hope you can follow my step-by-step easily.
    Let me know if any problems.

    ReplyDelete